In this Personal Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records that may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individual which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or via other form of interaction with you.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, PS Gourmet collects Personal Data, either directly from you or from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorised, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures), from third parties, from publicly available sources or through our website (or any of our other online presence, including Facebook) in the following ways:
- when you submit a form for a request or job application on our website or any other forms relating to any of our Products and Service
- when you interact with us, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service team;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- when you put in a reservation/purchase via any of our platforms; or
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Products and Services you have requested.
PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
PS Gourmet may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries and requests;
- managing the administrative and business operations of PS Gourmet and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the Companies;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analysing and managing commercial risks;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- organising promotional events;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on PS Gourmet (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations);
- providing you with employment and training;
- CRM; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Where permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act (the “Act”):-
PS Gourmet may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following “PS Gourmet Additional Purposes”:
- analytics and tracking;
- providing additional Products and Services and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes from PS Gourmet;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of Products and Services by PS Gourmet;
- leads generation and management for marketing PS Gourmet’s Products and Services;
- administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalising your experience at PS Gourmet’s touchpoints;
- communicating to you advertisements involving details of our Products and Services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or of which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and online marketing);
- organising promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, where permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for PS Gourmet’s Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions, Products and Services offered by PS Gourmet.
PS Gourmet may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following “Preferred Partners’ Additional Purposes”:
- conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programmes with our preferred partners;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products and services (including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes) by our preferred partners;
- leads generation and management for marketing the products and services offered by our preferred partners;
- administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns in connection with the products and services offered by our preferred partners;
- communicating to you advertisements involving details of the products, services, special offers and rewards offered by our preferred partners, either to our customers generally, (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and online marketing); and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, where permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for Preferred Partners’ Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by PS Gourmet’s preferred partners.
In relation to particular Products and Services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
PS Gourmet will disclose customer information, without the customer’s permission, if PS Gourmet believes, in good faith, that such disclosures are required by any applicable law or court order or if such disclosures are necessary to investigate activities that may be harmful or injurious to the PS Gourmet website, to PS Gourmet guests, employees, or agents, or to any of the PS Gourmet outlets.
Security and storage of personal data
We will take reasonable efforts to protect your personal data in our possession or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks (“Risks”). However, we shall not be held responsible for Risks occurring in relation to your personal data that are beyond our control, such as Risks resulting from cyber-attacks.
PS Gourmet uses third party payment gateway service providers to facilitate electronic transactions on the Channels. Regarding sensitive information provided by Users, such as credit card number for completing any electronic transactions, the web browser and third party payment gateway communicate such information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). PS Gourmet follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted by Users to the Channels, both during transmission and once PS Gourmet receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while PS Gourmet strives to protect Users’ personal data against unauthorised access, PS Gourmet cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-party sERVICES & websites
To provide services to you, through both the PS Gourmet website and other platforms, PS Gourmet relies on third party providers. We require such providers to conform to these privacy policies and guidelines as stated in statutory law. However, PS Gourmet shall not be held responsible for their conduct if they fail to abide by these policies and guidelines.
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Policy including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by the courts of Singapore.
Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act
A person who is not a party to this Policy shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Chapter 53B) to enforce any of its terms.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to periodically review and amend this Policy from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment.
You are encouraged to visit this page regularly to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection. In continuing using our website, you shall be deemed to agree with the amended terms.
(a) have any questions, feedback or complaints relating to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data or this Policy;(b) would like to withdraw your consent to any collection, use or disclosure of your personal data as set out in this Policy; or (c) would like to exercise your statutory rights under the PDPA in relation to access or correction of your personal data in our control or possession,
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us:
Data Protection Office (DPO)
We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
If you make a request to obtain access to your personal data records with us, we may charge a reasonable fee for verifying the authenticity of the request and locating, retrieving and copying any material requested. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received. Please note that if your personal data had been provided to us by a third party, you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to us on your behalf. Please also note that we are not required, under the PDPA, to provide access and correction to your personal data in certain exempted situations as set out in the PDPA. If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationships in place, which in turn may also result in termination of any agreements you have entered into with us, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.